Alliance University is a Private University established in Karnataka State by Act No. 34 of year 2010. The University is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi.
Alliance University with its vibrant and picturesque campus in Bangalore, India offers multidisciplinary undergraduate and postgraduate majors to students from diverse backgrounds. Alliance Education, defined by excellence through an agile and market-driven approach in the faculties of Management Studies & Commerce; Science & Technology; Humanities, Liberal Arts & Social Sciences is guided by the core values of the University.
As a top ranked university, Alliance University offers programs in business, engineering law, and plans to start new programs in languages, liberal arts, economics, sciences and applied mathematics.
For more details, visit: www.alliance.edu.in
Alliance University invites applications from highly accomplished professionals for the role of Assistant Professor in the areas of finance and accounts for the School of Business.
Job Title: Assistant Professor – Finance and Accounts
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Be instrumental in challenging the way students think, learn, and develop their understanding of academic disciplines.
- Develop core curriculum and deliver course material effectively.
- Facilitate students’ understanding of basic financial and accounting principles such as financial analysis; managerial accounts; development finance; budgetary analysis; credit and subsidies; microfinance and financial inclusion; auditing theory and problems; etc.
- Publish research; attend conferences; and deliver presentations to build a strong research network.
- To undertake research, either as an individual or with peers, of a level and quality that will result in regular publication in internationally rated journals.
- Writing proposals to secure research funding.
- Organizing seminars and events to interact with established industry professionals.
- Review methods and teaching material to make recommendations for improvement.
- Supervise, advise, and mentor students in areas of finance related subjects.
- Be instrumental in helping students secure career opportunities in areas of finance, accounting, audit, taxation, risk, banking, insurance, etc.
Note: The roles and responsibilities outlined above are not meant to be an exhaustive list of tasks. The need for flexibility is required and the job holder is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably required.
- Ph.D. in Finance or Accounts or in related areas from a top-notch institution.
- Demonstrated interest and competence in establishing courses and teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- A strong desire to publish in prestigious journals with the possibility to get outside funding for research initiatives.
- Great interpersonal skills with an effective understanding of pedagogical tools and processes.
- Ability to work in teams.
- Expertise in teaching subjects such as; Financial Derivatives and Risk Management; Financial Markets and Institutions; Financial Analysis and Modelling; Forex; Treasury and Risk Management; Commercial Banking and Credit Appraisal; Security Analysis and Portfolio Management; Mergers, Acquisition and Corporate Restructuring; Cost Accounting, Financial Accounting, Auditing, Financial Reporting Compliance, Taxation, Advanced Accounting And Advanced Topics In Auditing.
Qualification: Doctoral degree in Finance or Accounts or in related areas from a top-notch institution with a strong research and academic background.
Vacancy: Multiple vacancies in the School of Business. Priority would be given for candidates available to join immediately.
Role: Teaching & Research
Compensation & Benefits: Alliance University offers competitive salaries commensurate with an applicant’s qualification and experience. The University supports research through grants and incentives for publications. Additionally, the University offers subsidized campus housing, food, transport, insurance, and other benefits.
Industry: Education / Training
Functional Area: Teaching, training and research
Employment Type: Full-Time
Creative teaching, presentation, communication, innovative research, people engagement, and networking skills.
Apply to the open position by sending your updated CV and Cover Letter (highlighting your achievements, career goals, and ways in which you can contribute to Alliance University) to [email protected]. Quote AU/REC2021/THEUNIJOBS/AP-F&A as reference in your email subject line.
The popular idea of Muay Thai project
The Beginner’s Guide to Investment: Understanding the Basics
What makes the best kind of skin care for every kind of skin